Ellie finally decided she would like to play in the snow this afternoon. We have been asking her all winter if she would like to go out and play and she has always said, "No." After her she woke up from her nap this afternoon I told her it was snowing again and helped her up on her bed to look out her window. She said, "Mommy, Ellie go outside and make a ball for Trooper?" She remembered watching her Daddy make a snowball for Trooper to catch last week. I said, "Sure, we can go outside if you want to." The moment passed and she started playing downstairs with her doll house. Then she saw the neighbor kids across the street making snowmen. She said, "Mommy, Ellie go outside and make a Frosty?" I said, "Sure, lets go change your diaper and we'll go outside and play." As I was changing her diaper I told her that in order to go outside to play in the snow she had to wear her heavy winter coat and snowpants. We haven't been able to get her into her heavy coat all winter. She has refused to wear it. She started to bauk a little bit but I stuck to my guns and told her she couldn't go out without her heavy coat and snowpants. She agreed to it and I put them on her. I couldn't believe I actually got them on. As we were getting bundled up, Daddy came home from a class he is taking. We went outside and played for close to an hour. Elle had soooooo much fun! She didn't want to come inside. It was getting dark and we were late to start dinner so we finally had to insist that we go in and told her we could come back out tomorrow. We had a ton of fun! Here are some pictures from Ellie's first time playing in the snow.
Here's Ellie with her very first snowman.

This is just a close up shot of that cute little face all bundled up in pink.

Daddy remembered to pull out Elle's sled from the garage. She got it last year, 2005, for Christmas and this is the first time we have used it. She just barely fits in it now. She loved being pulled around the front yard!

Here's a close up shot of Ellie's first snowman she built with her daddy. Halligan and Trooper kept stealing Frosty's stick arms to chew on.

Here's a shot of Ellie with her Frosty. She was soooo cute with it. She said to me, "Mommy, I love him so much. I give him a hug and a kiss." She did too. She bent down and hugged his head and got pretty close to him and gave him a "kiss". She didn't want to go inside because she just wanted to look at her snowman. I guess we're going to have to have a discussion about how eventually he will melt and go away. That might be a hard one to accept.
1 comment:
Oh my GOSH! These pictures are way too cute! What's with all that pink??? hee hee! No hand-me-down's for Carter with that cute suit! Wish I could have been there to make snow angels with you guys!
Post a Comment