

There are all kinds of accessories to go along with Ellie's bedding but I was too cheap to buy the lamp that comes with it. I decided I could make one from much less. I had a lamp, all I needed was a shade, fabric and ribbon to decorate it. I bought all the materials and then realized, "duh, I need a cylinder shade because you can't get ribbon to lay flat on a cone shaped shade." I was pretty bummed and looked all over Crystal Lake for a cylinder lampshade and found nothing. Low and behold, one night while snuggling with Elle before bed, I realized that the lamp and our bedroom has a cylinder shade. Wish I had noticed that before I did all the running around! Needless to say I was very excited. I was telling Nana Donna about it on Friday when we went to swap bed frames and she said she happened to have an extra lamp with a cylider shaped shade in her basement. In fact, it's the same exact lamp that we have in our bedroom only hers is silver and ours is brass. It was even more perfect because it would go better with Elle's room colors! Anyway, to make a long story longer, this is the finished product. I am so excited with how it turned out!!! I'm going to go back to Hobby Lobby and return all the stuff I ended up not using to buy Elle a little lamp they have, that has a cylinder lampshade of course, to decorate the same way for her night stand. It's amazing the things you'll do to make your little girl's new room perfect!


No comments:
Post a Comment